The building at 4501 Minnehaha was erected in 1939 as a Phillips 66 gas station. Shortly thereafter, a single-bay auto shop was built onto the gas station.
The Phillips 66 functioned as a gas station until 1964, when sporting good and air gunsmith company B&B Supply purchased the building and opened its doors. B&B supply operated for 50 years.
In 2014, the building went on the market and we saw its potential. It was a stand-alone build with high ceilings and brick walls - perfect for recording drums. Once we had the city’s approval, we began gutting everything and turning the raw space into an acoustically-controlled and warm environment. It took months and months of work, but we were able to build the studio we always wanted.
© 2020 Minnehaha Recording Company | Site design by Jason Law
4501 Minnehaha Ave, Minneapolis MN 55406 | firstname.lastname@example.org | 612.564.8088